Call me: 07506730300
Call me: 07506730300
I often get asked what is an engagement shoot ? and why is it sometimes called a pre - wedding shoot ?
An engagement shoot can have two seperate meanings. Firstly a wedding photographer can be booked to capture the surprise reaction of a bride or groom when they are being proposed to. Hidden away the photographer most often with a zoom lens can act like the paparazzi capturing the actual proposal with one of them getting down on one knee to traditionally propose! The other meaning is essentially a pre wedding shoot but often called an engagement shoot too, this though is when the couple are actually already engaged to be married and have already booked their wedding venue and also South Wales wedding photographer and are now having a pre wedding shoot to get comfortable in front of the camera and get to know the photographer they have booked before their big day!
Engagement shoot with Georgia & Joe in Oxwich bay
Having a pre-wedding shoot has become a popular trend in recent years in South Wales.
1. Get comfortable in front of the camera: A pre-wedding shoot gives you the opportunity to get comfortable in front of the camera, which will help you feel more relaxed on your wedding day. This will result in more natural and candid photos.
2. Get to know your South Wales wedding photographer : A pre-wedding shoot is an excellent way to get to know your wedding photographer and how they work. You can discuss your expectations and preferences, and your photographer can understand your style and personality.
3. Create lasting memories: A pre-wedding shoot is an opportunity to create some beautiful and memorable photos with your partner. You can choose a location that is significant to you or has sentimental value, making the photos even more special.
4. Use the photos for save-the-date cards or wedding invitations: You can use the photos from your pre-wedding shoot to create save-the-date cards or wedding invitations, which adds a personal touch to your wedding stationery.
5. Have fun and enjoy the experience: A pre-wedding shoot is a fun and enjoyable experience for you and your partner. It's a chance to spend some quality time together and create some beautiful memories before your big day.
6. Location: Picking a location for your engagement shoot anywhere in South Wales. This doesn't have to be at your wedding venue, although Georgia and Joe above decided to have their shoot at their wedding venue in Oxwich bay, you can go anywhere for your actual shoot, there are many amazing places throughout Wales for engagement shoots; see my other article on my top 10 places in Wales for engagement shoot ideas!